Ozonum—The Global Impact
The remedy Ozonum has become the highest-ranking prescription in my practice during the coronavirus pandemic. Respiratory tract illnesses represent a smaller percentage of cases that have responded well to the remedy. Most cases I have seen were predominantly affected by the indirect impact of the pandemic. I have noticed a similar increase in Ozonum prescriptions following former global events, for example, the terrorist attack on the Twin Towers on 11th September 2001 in New York, the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, the 2010 eruption of Iceland's Eyjafjallajökull volcano which paralysed flights across Europe and the severe 2017 to 2018 flu season. Ozone is a gas, called 'activated oxygen', formed by three atoms of oxygen instead of the two that we normally breathe. We are familiar with the protective function of the ozone layer in the atmosphere. The life cycle of ozone and its connection to ocean and marine life, to trees, habitat, and life in general, is less commonly known. A dynamic constellation of the homeopathic remedy becomes clear once we understand the ozone life cycle and its ecosystem in its natural and disrupted form. Ozonum—the homeopathic remedy—was used by our forefathers but has almost been forgotten until Anne Schadde's proving in nineties of the last century. Ozonum as a remedy has a wide range of applications such as pandemics, mass casualties and disasters, as well as routine clinical uses. Within different levels of context, the main feeling of Ozonum dynamic is exemplified by the statement—'I can't breathe!' It may be considered a 'polychrest' of our time evidently resonating with contemporary climatic, medical, socio-political and economic global challenges. We need to adopt a global view to keep up with the times and perceive a link between individual and global health in a broader perspective.
Keywordspandemic - coronavirus - ozone - genus impactus - disease-oriented genus epidemicus - I can't breathe
Dr Petr Simeon Gajdos (*1978) practises homeopathy over 25 years at clinics in Pilsen and Prague, the Czech Republic. He is an urgent medicine doctor with Emergency Medical Services of Pilsen Region. Also, he works in respiratory intensive care unit equipped with 20 ventilators in Plana, the Czech Republic and in the intensive care unit at the Harley Street Clinic in London, The United Kingdom.
He studied psychotherapy, craniosacral therapy and the therapeutic techniques of native peoples. In his private practice, he uses an integrated approach adapted to the needs of each client. He is a proponent of narrative-based medicine. A believer in humanity and humanistic principles, his work is firmly rooted in biological pragmatism.
31 December 2020 (online)
© 2020. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
- 1 Vervarcke A. Behind the Glass Screen. A Homeopathic Survey of Ozone. Noida, UP: B Jain Publishers Pvt Limited; 2011
- 2 Wilson NM, Norton A, Young FP, Collins DW. Airborne transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 to healthcare workers: a narrative review. [published online ahead of print, 2020 Apr 20] Anaesthesia 2020; 75 (08) 1086-1095 DOI: 10.1111/anae.15093.
- 3 Klompas M, Morris CA, Sinclair J, Pearson M, Shenoy ES. Universal masking in hospitals in the Covid-19 era. N Engl J Med 2020; 382 (21) e63 DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp2006372.
- 4 Setti Leonardo, Passarini Fabrizio, Gennaro Gianluigi De, Barbieri Pierluigi, Perrone Maria Grazia, Borelli Massimo. et al. SARS-Cov-2RNA found on particulate matter of Bergamo in Northern Italy: First evidence. Environmental Research 188(2020):109754 ISSN 0013-9351 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2020.109754
- 5 Zhang R, Li Y, Annie L. . Zhang, Yuan Wang, and Mario J. Molina. Identifying airborne transmission as the dominant route for the spread of COVID-19. PNAS June 30, 2020 117 (26) 14857–14863; first published June 11, 2020 https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.2009637117. June 11
- 6 Rosenblum J, Ge C, Bohrerova Z, Yousef A, Lee J. Ozonation as a clean technology for fresh produce industry and environment: sanitizer efficiency and wastewater quality. J Appl Microbiol 2012; 113 (04) 837-845 DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2672.2012.05393.x.
- 7 Plass R, Egan K, Collazo-Davila C. et al. Cyclic Ozone Identified in Magnesium Oxide (111). Surface Reconstr Phys Rev Lett 1998; 81: 48-91 DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.81.4891.
- 8 Marc. Lallanila. What Is the Greenhouse Effect? LiveScience. March 08, 2018. Accessed April 8, 2020 at: https://www.livescience.com/37743-greenhouse-effect.html
- 9 Melissa Sou-Jie Van Brunnersum. Record-size ozone hole over Arctic now healed and closed. Accessed May 1, 2020 at: https://p.dw.com/p/3bety
- 10 Walker JCG. 1980. The Oxygen Cycle. In: The Natural Environment and the Biogeochemical Cycles. The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry. Springer; Berlin, Heidelberg: DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-24940-6_5
- 11 David B. Lindenmayer el al., “New spatial analyses of Australian wildfires highlight the need for new fire, resource, and conservation policies,” PNAS (2020). www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.2002269117 . June
- 12 J.E.A. Marshall et al “UV-B radiation was the Devonian-Carboniferous boundary terrestrial extinction kill mechanism,” Science Advances (2020) DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aba0768, advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/22/eaba0768. May 28
- 13 The Fukushima Daiichi Accident. Volume 1. International Atomic Energy Agency; 2015. Available at: https://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/Publications/PDF/AdditionalVolumes/P1710/Pub1710-TV1-Web.pdf. May 28
- 14 Tinsley B. COVID-19 Surveillance Study in Care Homes (Vivaldi). Office for Antional Statistics. UK. Accessed July 3, 2020 at: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/impactofcoronavirusincarehomesinenglandvivaldi/26mayto19june2020
- 15 Stephen B. Karpman. A Game Free Life. The definitive book on the Drama Triangle and Compassion Triangle by the Originator and Author. The New Transactional Analysis of Intimacy, Openness, and Happiness. Drama Triangle Publications; San Francisco, California , USA: 1st edition. 2014
- 16 Ullman D. The Pandemic Video and Censorship. The Questionable Science on Both Sides of This Issue. Accessed May 30, 2020 at: https://medium.com/@email_59878/the-plandemic-video-and-censorship-5e3569f7ba47
- 17 Graves L, Amazeen MA. (25 February 2019), “Fact-Checking as Idea and Practice in Journalism”, Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Communication. Oxford University Press; DOI: 10.1093/acrefore/9780190228613.013.808
- 18 Noh JY, Yoon JG, Seong H. et al. Asymptomatic infection and atypical manifestations of COVID-19: comparison of viral shedding duration J Infect. 2020 ;S0163-4453(20)30310-8
- 19 Varga Z, Flammer AJ, Steiger P. et al. Endothelial cell infection and endotheliitis in COVID-19. Lancet 2020; 395 (10234): 1417-1418
- 20 Ciceri F, Beretta L, Scandroglio AM. et al. Microvascular COVID-19 lung vessels obstructive thromboinflammatory syndrome (MicroCLOTS): an atypical acute respiratory distress syndrome working hypothesis. [published online ahead of print, 2020 Apr 15], Crit Care Resusc 2020
- 21 Komenda M, Bulhart V, Karolyi M. et al. Complex reporting of the COVID-19 epidemic in the Czech Republic: use of an interactive web-based app in practice. J Med Internet Res 2020; 22 (05) e19367 https://www.jmir.org/2020/5/e19367 10.2196/19367
- 22 Department of health & human services. Summary of the Findings of the Immediate Office of the General Counsel's Investigation Regarding CDC's Production of COVID-19 Test Kits. June 19, 2020. Accessed June 20, 2020 at: https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/5610e9fa-86d7-4bd3-8b7a-f8df10c6fc9e/note/7331ef79-a672-4d2d-9eff-f8ce39c2e462.#page=1
- 23 Watson J. Penny F Whiting, John E Brush. Interpreting a covid-19 test result. BMJ 2020; 369:m1808 https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m1808 (Published 12 May 2020)
- 24 COVID-19. Přehled aktuální situace v ČR. MZČR. Accessed May 26, 2020 at: https://onemocneni-aktualne.mzcr.cz/covid-19
- 25 Covid-19 nebyl v Česku příčinou úmrtí u 60 procent uváděných obětí. Novinky. ČTK. May 26, 2020. Accessed May 26, 2020 at: https://www.novinky.cz/koronavirus/clanek/covid-19-nebyl-v-cesku-pricinou-umrti-u-60-procent-obeti-40325450
- 26 Alexis C. Madrigalrobinson Meyer. 'How Could the CDC Make That Mistake?'. May 21, 2020. Accessed May 22, 2020 at: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/cdc-and-states-are-misreporting-covid-19-test-data-pennsylvania-georgia-texas/611935/
- 27 Summers A. UK: Official Figures Inflate COVID-19 Testing Rate by More Than a Million. May 30, 2020. Accessed May 30, 2020 at: https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/05/30/test-m30.html
- 28 Klooz David. The Covid-19 Conundrum. 2020: 21 Available at: https://books.google.cz/books?id=ZQXoDwAAQBAJ
- 29 Mustafa MG. Biochemical basis of ozone toxicity. Free Radic Biol Med 1990; 9 (03) 245-265 https://doi.org/10.1016/0891-5849(90)90035-H
- 30 Watson AY, Bates RR, Kennedy D. Eds. Air Pollution, the Automobile, and Public Health. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1988. . Biochemical and Cellular Interrelationships in the Development of Ozone-Induced Pulmonary Fibrosis. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK218137/
- 31 Cain CK. Active Avoidance and Escape Learning. Reference Module in Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Psychology. Elsevier; 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-809324-5.00250-9
- 32 University of Colorado at Boulder. “Breathing Cycles In Earth's Upper Atmosphere Tied To Solar Wind Disturbances.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 20 December 2008. Available at: www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081215184317.htm
- 33 Alexis Madrigal. Sun Induces Strange 'Breathing' of Earth's Atmosphere. Accessed May 5, 2020 at: https://www.wired.com/2008/12/earthbreathing/
- 34 Dirlik-Mercy M. The Proving of Coco Nucifera and Titanium. L'Ile Au Phare Publishing; Dorset, The United Kingdom: 2004
- 35 Stefanek J, Stefankova J. Pestinum. A Remedy for any Future Plague?. Homœopathic Links 2005; 18 (04) 214-217
- 36 Yang R. Plague: Recognition, Treatment, and Prevention. J Clin Microbiol 2017; 56 (01) e01519-e17
- 37 Demeure CE, Dussurget O, Mas Fiol G, Le Guern AS, Savin C, Pizarro-Cerdá J. Yersinia pestis and plague: an updated view on evolution, virulence determinants, immune subversion, vaccination, and diagnostics. Genes Immun 2019; 20 (05) 357-370
- 38 Edler C, Schröder AS, Aepfelbacher M. et al. Dying with SARS-CoV-2 infection-an autopsy study of the first consecutive 80 cases in Hamburg, Germany. [published correction appears in Int J Legal Med. 2020 Jun 19;] Int J Legal Med 2020; 134 (04) 1275-1284
- 39 Bravata DM, Watts SA, Keefer AL. et al. Prevalence, predictors, and treatment of impostor syndrome: a systematic review. J Gen Intern Med 2020; 35 (04) 1252-1275
- 40 Steel P, Svartdal F, Thundiyil T, Brothen T. Examining procrastination across multiple goal stages: a longitudinal study of temporal motivation theory. Front Psychol 2018; 9: 327 DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00327.
- 41 Eising N. Provings - Volume 3. Emryss Publishing & Distribution; Haarlem, The Netherlands: 2014
- 42 Martínez-Sánchez G, Schwartz A, Donna VD. Potential cytoprotective activity of ozone therapy in SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19. Antioxidants 2020; 9 (05) 389 DOI: 10.3390/antiox9050389.
- 43 Sharma VK, Graham NJD. Oxidation of amino acids, peptides and proteins by ozone: Review A. Ozone Sci Eng 2010; 32: 81-90
- 44 Francesco Pugliese MD. PhD. University of Rome Sapienza - Policlinico Umberto I Rome (Italy). Ongoing Clinical Trial: Oxygen-Ozone as Adjuvant Treatment in Early Control of COVID-19 Progression and Modulation of the Gut Microbial Flora (PROBIOZOVID). Accessed April 3, 2020 at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04366089
- 45 Dries DJ, Endorf FW. Inhalation injury: epidemiology, pathology, treatment strategies. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 2013; 21: 31 DOI: 10.1186/1757-7241-21-31.
- 46 Oestreicher C. A history of chaos theory. Dialogues Clin Neurosci 2007; 9 (03) 279-289
- 47 Dr. Manish Bhatia. Lectures on Organon of Medicine – Vital Force in Disease – Understanding Aphorism 11 to 15. June 16, 2008. Accessed May 6, 2020 at: https://hpathy.com/organon-philosophy/lectures-on-organon-of-medicine-vital-force-in-disease-understanding-aphorism-11to-15/