A Diagnosed Case of COVID-19 Treated with Homoeopathy: A Case ReportFunding We received no funding for the project. The institution has no role to play in analysis of the study results and publication of the paper.
Introduction The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has been declared as public health emergency of international concern. India is also facing this crisis with increasing number of patients being reported day by day. Here, we present a case report of COVID-19-positive patient treated with homoeopathy.
Case Profile A 60-year-old female patient with fever for 4 days, cough and difficulty in breathing, headache, sore throat, loose stools and frequent urination with burning and generalised weakness for 7 days was considered for treatment in the present study. Based on the symptomatology, Arsenicum album 30 and Bryonia alba 30 were prescribed to her.
Conclusion A patient of COVID-19 was successfully treated by homoeopathic medicines based on symptom similarity. Individualised homoeopathic intervention with precautionary measures can be an answer to the ongoing crisis.
RK: recording of the case and data collection. PM: literature search and preparation of the article. Both the authors reviewed and approved the final article.
04 September 2020 (online)
© 2020. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
- 1 WHO Characterizes COVID-19 as a Pandemic. Available from: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happen . Accessed on July 4, 2020
- 2 Sun J, He WT, Wang L. , et al. COVID-19: epidemiology, evolution, and cross-disciplinary perspectives. Trends Mol Med 2020; 26 (05) 483-495
- 3 Gu J, Han B, Wang J. COVID-19: gastrointestinal manifestations and potential fecal-oral transmission. Gastroenterology 2020; 158 (06) 1518-1519
- 4 McIntosh K, Perlman S. Coronaviruses, Including Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, Updated Edition. 8th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2015
- 5 COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. Available from: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ . Accessed on July 3, 2020
- 6 World/Countries/India. Available from: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/ . Accessed on July 3, 2020
- 7 Boericke W. Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory. 56th edition. New Delhi: B Jain Publishers (P) Ltd; 2016: 118-119
- 8 Clarke JH. A Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica. New Delhi: B Jain Publishers (P) Ltd; 1996: 310-314
- 9 Kent JT. Lectures on Homoeopathic Philosophy. 8th edition. New Delhi: B Jain Publishers (P) Ltd; 2010: 148-165
- 10 Telemedicine Practice Guidelines, Central Council of Homoeopathy. Available from: https://www.ayush.gov.in/docs/126.pdf . Accessed on July 6, 2020
- 11 AYUSH Advisory for Corona Virus. Homoeopathy for Prevention of Corona Virus Infections Unani Medicines Useful in Symptomatic Management of Corona Virus infection. Available from: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1600895 . Accessed on July 3, 2020