Subscribe to RSS
A Case of Abdominothoracic Cystic Lymphangiomatosis Presenting as Left-Sided Inguinal Swelling in a Young Adult: Radiological ManifestationFunding None.
Lymphatic system imaging has been a challenging field in Radiology. We here describe a case of a 26-year-old male who presented with complaints of left-sided inguinoscrotal swelling and was subsequently diagnosed with abdomino-thoracic cystic lymphangiomatosis. Detailed imaging evaluation across the modalities of ultrasonography, computed tomography scan and magnetic resonance imaging evaluation revealed extensive involvement and diagnostic imaging appearance of the unique lymphatic system abnormality. Imaging findings were confirmed on histopathology.
Article published online:
10 November 2020
© 2020. Indian Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Wunderbaldinger P, Paya K, Partik B. et al. CT and MR imaging of generalized cystic lymphangiomatosis in pediatric patients. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2000; 174 (03) 827-832
- 2 Ozel A, Uysal E, Dokucu AI, Erturk SM, Basak M, Cantisani V. US, CT and MRI findings in a case of diffuse lymphangiomatosis and cystic hygroma. J Ultrasound 2008; 11 (01) 22-25
- 3 Yang DH, Goo HW. Generalized lymphangiomatosis: radiologic findings in three pediatric patients. Korean J Radiol 2006; 7 (04) 287-291
- 4 Wong CS, Chu TYC. Clinical and radiological features of generalised lymphangiomatosis. Hong Kong Med J 2008; 14 (05) 402-404
- 5 El-Essawy MT, Hassan HH. Cystic hygroma of the neck with multiple bone lymphangiomas. Egyp J Radiol Nuc Med 2011; 42 (02) 153-155
- 6 Joshi M, Phansalkar DS. Simple lymphangioma to generalized lymphatic anomaly: role of imaging in disclosure of a rare and morbid disease. Case Rep Radiol 2015; 2015: 603859
- 7 Rao BK, AuBuchon J, Lieberman LM, Polcyn RE. Cystic lymphangiomatosis of the spleen: a radiologic-pathologic correlation. Radiology 1981; 141 (03) 781-782
- 8 Marom EM, Moran CA, Munden RF. Generalized lymphangiomatosis. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2004; 182 (04) 1068
- 9 Rasalkar DD, Chu WC. Generalized cystic lymphangiomatosis. Pediatr Radiol 2010; 40 (01) (Suppl. 01) S47