Subscribe to RSS
Fetal Echocardiogram and Detailed First Trimester Obstetric Ultrasound: ICD-10 Indications
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and multiple national organizations have published the indications for fetal echocardiogram and for the detailed first trimester obstetric ultrasound. We present the corresponding International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) codes for those indications.
The ICD-10 indications to perform a fetal echocardiogram are summarized.
The ICD-10 indications to perform a Detailed First Trimester Obstetric Ultrasound are summarized.
As the guidelines have stated, these indications are not all inclusive.
Received: 12 July 2021
Accepted: 03 October 2021
28 November 2021 (online)
© 2021. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc.
333 Seventh Avenue, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10001, USA
- 1 American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine. AIUM practice parameter for the performance of fetal echocardiography. J Ultrasound Med 2020; 39 (01) E5-E16
- 2 ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting: FY 2021. Accessed April 23, 2021 at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/icd/10cmguidelines-FY2021.pdf
- 3 World Health Organization. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems 10th Revision. Accessed November 10, 2021 at: https://icd.who.int/browse10/2019/en
- 4 Donofrio MT, Moon-Grady AJ, Hornberger LK. et al; American Heart Association Adults With Congenital Heart Disease Joint Committee of the Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young and Council on Clinical Cardiology, Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia, and Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing. Diagnosis and treatment of fetal cardiac disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2014; 129 (21) 2183-2242
- 5 American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine. AIUM practice parameter for the performance of detailed diagnostic obstetric ultrasound examinations between 12 weeks 0 days and 13 weeks 6 days. J Ultrasound Med 2021; 40 (05) E1-E16