TumorDiagnostik & Therapie 2018; 39(08): 518-524
DOI: 10.1055/a-0653-1174
Thieme Onkologie aktuell
© Georg Thieme Verlag KG Stuttgart · New York

Qualitätsmerkmale und Verbreitungsgrad behandlungsbegleitender Sporttherapie bei pädiatrisch-onkologischen Erkrankungen in Deutschland

Quality Characteristics and Prevalence of Exercise Therapy During Childhood Cancer Treatment in Germany
Regine Söntgerath*
1  Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Hemostaseology, University-Hospital Leipzig, Leipzig
,
Stefanie Freier*
2  Faculty of Sport Science, Institute of Exercise and Public Health, Leipzig-University, Leipzig
,
Markus Wulftange
1  Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Hemostaseology, University-Hospital Leipzig, Leipzig
,
Katharina Eckert
3  Institute of Sport and Sport Science, Heidelberg-University, Heidelberg
› Author Affiliations
Further Information

Publication History

Publication Date:
04 October 2018 (online)

Zusammenfassung

Hintergrund Bewegungs- und Sporttherapie während der Behandlung und Nachsorge einer pädiatrischen Krebserkrankung haben großes Potenzial zur Verminderung von Nebenwirkungen und Spätfolgen der Behandlung. Der Verbreitungsgrad ist bislang jedoch gering. Ziel der Untersuchung ist die Erfassung entsprechender Angebote im klinischen Setting in Deutschland und die Überprüfung deren Qualitäts- und Strukturmerkmale.

Methode 54 Kliniken mit pädiatrischer Onkologie wurden zur Existenz behandlungsbegleitender Sporttherapie sowie deren Qualitäts- und Strukturmerkmalen in Anlehnung an die DIN EN 15 224:2012 und weitere Merkmale der Strukturqualität befragt.

Ergebnisse 48 Kliniken nahmen an der Befragung teil (Rücklaufquote 89 %). 9 (19 %) der teilnehmenden Kliniken verfügen über ein sporttherapeutisches Angebot im Rahmen der Behandlung und/oder Nachsorge, 39 (81 %) taten dies zum Zeitpunkt der Befragung nicht. Die Sporttherapie stellt bei den jeweiligen Kliniken einen festen Bestandteil der Versorgung dar. Qualifizierung des Personals, räumliche Bedingungen und Ausstattung mit Geräten erscheinen angemessen. Die Finanzierung wird hauptsächlich über Spenden und Drittmittel realisiert.

Schlussfolgerungen Ein Großteil der an Krebs erkrankten Kinder und Jugendlichen in Deutschland hat im Rahmen der Behandlung und Nachsorge keinen Zugang zu speziellen Bewegungsangeboten. Die wissenschaftliche Fundierung der Maßnahme und die Vernetzung unter den Akteuren befinden sich im Aufbau, bislang fehlt jedoch ein Trainingsmanual für die pädiatrische Onkologie im deutschsprachigen Raum sowie eine einheitliche Finanzierungsmöglichkeit der Maßnahme über die Kostenträger.

Abstract

Background Exercise and adapted physical activity during and after treatment for childhood cancer have a large potential to diminish several side and late effects of treatment. However, the prevalence of such interventions is low. The aim of this investigation is to identify interventions in the clinical setting in Germany and to examine their quality and structural characteristics.

Method 54 hospitals were investigated for the existence of relevant interventions and if applicable the quality and structural characteristics of these according to DIN EN 15 224:2012 and further characteristics of structural quality in written form or by telephone.

Results 48 hospitals took part in the investigation and filled out the questionnaire (CR 89 %). Of these, 9 (19 %) offer exercise therapy during treatment and/or aftercare. The remaining 39 (81 %) did not offer exercise therapy at the time of investigation. Exercise therapy represents a permanent component of adjuvant treatment in the 9 identified hospitals. The qualifications of exercise therapy staff seem appropriate as well as conditions concerning rooms and equipment. Yet, funding of exercise therapy is mainly realized through donations and 3 rd party funds.

Conclusion The majority of childhood cancer patients in Germany do not have access to adapted physical activity during treatment or aftercare. The body of evidence for exercise therapy in the pediatric oncology setting is growing, as well as the network between exercise scientists/therapists in this field. To date, an exercise manual for pediatric oncology in German and a comprehensive financing option of such interventions via health insurance is not available.

* geteilte Erstautorenschaft.