Complete Corset Platysmaplasty: Evolution of Addressing the Aging Neck
30 July 2014 (online)
Various techniques have been used to address the aging changes of the neck. This article reviews this evolution and describes the complete corset platysmaplasty procedure as the choice for optimal improvements in neck rejuvenation, especially when dealing with a “difficult neck.” Evaluation and treatment of the aging neck must always be individualized and when the complete corset platysmaplasty is performed for those that are candidates, our experience shows greater immediate as well as long term satisfaction with less recurrence.
Each of the authors has contributed to, read, and approved this article.
- 1 Feldman JJ. Corset platysmaplasty. Plast Reconstr Surg 1990; 85 (3) 333-343
- 2 Hamra ST. The deep-plane rhytidectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg 1990; 86 (1) 53-61 , discussion 62–63
- 3 Feldman J. Neck Lift. Boston, MA: Quality Medical Publishing; 2006
- 4 Warren RJ, Aston SJ, Mendelson BC. Face lift. Plast Reconstr Surg 2011; 128 (6) 747e-764e
- 5 Feldman JJ. The ptotic (witch's) chin deformity: an excisional approach. Plast Reconstr Surg 1992; 90 (2) 207-217