Sensors, Medical Images and Signal Processing:Exploring Multi-Dimensional Medical Imaging Data
07 March 2018 (online)
Objectives To summarize current excellent research in the field of medical sensor, signal and imaging informatics.
Method Synopsis of the articles selected for the IMIA (International Medical Informatics Association) Yearbook 2009.
Results Current research in the field of sensors, signal, and imaging informatics is characterized by theoretically sound techniques and evaluations with focus in imaging informatics.
Conclusions The best paper selection of articles on sensors, signal, and imaging informatics shows examples of excellent research on methods concerning theoretically sound original development in this field. Imaging and particularly multi-dimensional imaging has had in 2008 by far the largest number of publications compared to signals and sensors.
- 1 Dejnabadi H, Jolles BM, Aminian K. A new approach for quantitative analysis of inter-joint coordination during gait. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 2008; 55 (02) 755-64.
- 2 Woo HS, Kim WS, Ahn W, Lee DY, Yi SY. Haptic interface of the AIST-Ewha colonoscopy simulator. IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 2008; 12 (06) 746-53.
- 3 Gutiérrez D, Nehorai A. Array response kernels for EEG and MEG in multilayer ellipsoidal geometry. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 2008; 55 (03) 1103-11.
- 4 Friman O, Volosyak I, Graser A. Multiple channel detection of steady-state visual evoked potentials for brain-computer interfaces. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 2007; 54 (04) 742-50.
- 5 Zheng JW, Zhang ZB, Wu TH, Zhang Y. A wearable mobihealth care system supporting real-time diagnosis and alarm. Med Biol Eng Comput 2007; 45 (09) 877-85.
- 6 Müller H. Sensors, Signals, and Images in Medical Informatics: Progress and Evaluation. IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics 2008. Methods Inf Med 2008; 47 (Suppl. 01) 64.
- 7 Duchesne S, Caroli A, Geroldi C, Barillot C, Frisoni GB, Collins DL. MRI-based automated computer classification of probable AD versus normal controls. IEEE Trans Med Imaging 2008; 27 (04) 509-20.
- 8 Lohscheller J, Eysholdt U, Toy H, Dollinger M. Phonovibrography: mapping high-speed movies of vocal fold vibrations into 2-D diagrams for visualizing and analyzing the underlying laryngeal dynamics. IEEE Trans Med Imaging 2008; 27 (03) 300-9.
- 9 Verhaeghe J, Van de Ville D, Khalidov I, D’Asseler Y, Lemahieu I, Unser M. Dynamic PET reconstruction using wavelet regularization with adapted basis functions. IEEE Trans Med Imaging 2008; 27 (07) 943-59.
- 10 Meyer FG, Shen X. Classification of fMRI time series in a low-dimensional subspace with a spatial prior. IEEE Trans Med Imaging 2008; 27 (01) 87-98.
- 11 Geissbuhler A, Haux R, Kulikowski CA. IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics 2008. Methods Inf Med. 2008 47. Suppl 1.
- 12 Geissbuhler A, Haux R, Kulikowski CA. Yearbook of Medical Informatics 2007. Methods Inf Med. 2007 46. Suppl 1.
- 13 Kulikowski C, Haux R. IMIA Yearbook of Medical Informatics 2006. Methods Inf Med. 2006 45. Suppl 1..
- 14 Chau T. A review of analytical techniques for gait data. Part 1: Fuzzy, statistical and fractal methods, Gait Posture 2001; Feb; 13 (01) 49-66.
- 15 Choi Y, Huang SC, Hawkins RA, Kuhle WG, Dahlbom M, Hoh CK. et al. A simplified method for quantification of myocardial blood flow using nitrogen-13-ammonia and dynamic PET. J Nucl Med 1993; Mar; 34 (03) 488-97.
- 16 Smith GS, Kramer E, Hermann C, Ma Y, Dhawan V, Chaly T. et al. Serotonin Modulation of Cerebral Glucose Metabolism in Depressed Older Adults. Biol Psychiatry. 2009 Apr 14..
- 17 Ashburner J, Csernansky JG, Davatzikos C, Fox NC, Frisoni GB, Thompson PM. Computer-assisted imaging to assess brain structure in healthy and diseased brains. Lancet Neurol 2003; Feb; 02 (02) 79-88.
- 18 Freeborough PA, Fox NC. MR image texture analysis applied to the diagnosis and tracking of Alzheimer’s disease. IEEETrans Med Imaging 1998; Jun; 17 (03) 475-9.
- 19 Logothetis NK, Pauls J, Augath M, Trinath T, Oeltermann A. Neurophysiological investigation of the basis of the fMRI signal. Nature 2001; Jul 12; 412 (6843): 150-7.
- 20 McInerney T, Terzopoulos D. Deformable models in medical image analysis: a survey. Med Image Anal 1996; Jun; 01 (02) 91-108.