XperCT Sharpening Reconstruction for Cone-Beam Computed Tomography Guided Lung and Bone InterventionsFunding None.
C-arm cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) is a valuable tool for three-dimensional navigation and mapping in the interventional radiology suite owing to its flexible gantry positioning, real-time three-dimensional volume acquisition, and reduced contrast and radiation use. Reports of CBCT-guided bone and lung interventions are relatively infrequent, however, possibly due in part to the lack of dedicated bone and lung reconstruction algorithms and concerns regarding insufficient lesion conspicuity. Two cases of an ad hoc intraprocedural CBCT sharpening reconstruction are presented in this article.
14 April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Wallace MJ, Kuo MD, Glaiberman C, Binkert CA, Orth RC, Soulez G. Technology Assessment Committee of the Society of Interventional Radiology. Three-dimensional C-arm cone-beam CT: applications in the interventional suite. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2009; 20 (Suppl. 07) S523-S537
- 2 Acord M, Shellikeri S, Vatsky S. et al. Reduced-dose C-arm computed tomography applications at a pediatric institution. Pediatr Radiol 2017; 47 (13) 1817-1824
- 3 Hu YH, Fueglistaller R, Myronakis M. et al. Physics considerations in MV-CBCT multi-layer imager design. Phys Med Biol 2018; 63 (12) 125016
- 4 Perry BC, Monroe EJ, McKay T, Kanal KM, Shivaram G. Pediatric percutaneous osteoid osteoma ablation: CONE-beam CT with fluoroscopic overlay versus conventional CT guidance. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2017; 40 (10) 1593-1599
- 5 Shivaram GM, Gill AE, Monroe EJ, Koo KS, Hawkins CM. Cone-beam computed tomography guidance with navigational overlay for percutaneous lung nodule biopsy. Pediatr Radiol 2018; 8: 1-5
- 6 Ben-Shlomo A, Cohen D, Bruckheimer E. et al. Comparing effective doses during image-guided core needle biopsies with computed tomography versus C-arm cone beam CT using adult and pediatric phantoms. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2016; 39 (05) 732-739
- 7 Hwang HS, Chung MJ, Lee JW, Shin SW, Lee KS. C-arm cone-beam CT-guided percutaneous transthoracic lung biopsy: usefulness in evaluation of small pulmonary nodules. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2010; 195 (06) W400-7
- 8 Prell D, Kalender WA, Kyriakou Y. Development, implementation and evaluation of a dedicated metal artefact reduction method for interventional flat-detector CT. Br J Radiol 2010; 83 (996) 1052-1062