Subscribe to RSS
Can Homeopathy, a Particularly Mild Therapeutic Approach, Survive and Grow in a World of Violence?
17 February 2020
02 March 2020
14 May 2020 (online)
This short treatise addresses a philosophical question concerning the place of homeopathy in our modern world. The question raised is whether a therapeutic system as peaceful, mild, and non-violent as homeopathy can survive and grow within a society that often displays the opposite characteristics.
Much of contemporary society is more interested in fast and impressive cures, even if these may also bring side effects; whereas homeopathy can offer solutions with a personalized approach that requires long hours of case study by the homeopath to find the correct personal remedy that aims to bring about positive results, which the therapy can produce in deep chronic diseases.
The conclusion drawn is that homeopathy does not readily fit within a modern and violent society that prefers quick and invasive solutions to its clinical problems.
- 1 Alibeu JP, Jobert J. Aconite in homeopathic relief of post-operative pain and agitation in children [article in French]. Pediatrie 1990; 45: 465-466
- 2 Chabanov D, Tsintzas D, Vithoulkas G. Levels of health theory with the example of a case of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. J Evid Based Integr Med 2018; 23: 2515690X18777995
- 3 Chapman EH, Weintraub RJ, Milburn MA, Pirozzi TO, Woo E. Homeopathic treatment of mild traumatic brain injury: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Head Trauma Rehabil 1999; 14: 521-542
- 4 Denisova TG, Gerasimova LI, Pakhmutova NL, Mahesh S, Vithoulkas G. Individualized homeopathic therapy in a case of obesity, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and autonomic dystonia. Am J Case Rep 2018; 19: 1474-1479
- 5 Fisher P, Greenwood A, Huskisson EC, Turner P, Belon P. Effect of homeopathic treatment on fibrositis (primary fibromyalgia). BMJ 1989; 299: 365-366
- 6 Itamura R, Hosoya R. Homeopathic treatment of Japanese patients with intractable atopic dermatitis. Homeopathy 2003; 92: 108-114
- 7 Lamont J. Homeopathic treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a controlled study. Br Homeopath J 1997; 86: 186-200
- 8 Mahesh S, Jaggi L, Jaggi A, Tsintzas D, Vithoulkas G. Individualised homeopathic therapy in ANCA negative rapidly progressive necrotising crescentic glomerulonephritis with severe renal insufficiency – a case report. J Med Life 2019; 12: 49-55
- 9 Mahesh S, Mallappa M, Tsintzas D, Vithoulkas G. Homeopathic treatment of vitiligo: a report of fourteen cases. Am J Case Rep 2017; 18: 1276-1283
- 10 Mahesh S, Mallappa M, Vithoulkas G. Embryonal carcinoma with immature teratoma: a homeopathic case report. Complement Med Res 2018; 25: 117-121
- 11 Mahesh S, Shah V, Mallappa M, Vithoulkas G. Psoriasis cases of same diagnosis but different phenotypes—management through individualized homeopathic therapy. Clin Case Rep 2019; 7: 1499-1507
- 12 Tenzera L, Djindjic B, Mihajlovic-Elez O, Pulparampil B, Mahesh S, Vithoulkas G. Improvements in long standing cardiac pathologies by individualized homeopathic remedies: a case series. SAGE Open Med Case Rep 2018; 6: 2050313X18792813
- 13 Tsintzas D, Jaggi A, Jaggi L, Mahesh S, Vithoulkas G. Heterotopic ossification in a 7-year-old female patient treated with individualized homeopathy: a case report. Clin Case Rep 2019; 7: 2526-2533
- 14 Văcăraş V, Vithoulkas G, Buzoianu AD. , et al. Homeopathic treatment for postpartum depression: a case report. J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med 2017; 22: 381-384
- 15 Vithoulkas G, Văcăraş V, Kavouras J. , et al. Homeopathic treatment for prolonged postoperative coma: a case report. J Med Life 2017; 10: 118-121
- 16 Vithoulkas G. Levels of Health. Alonissos, Greece: International Academy of Classical Homeopathy; 2019
- 17 Vithoulkas G. The Science of Homeopathy. New York: Grove Press; 1981