Homoeopathic Treatment of Atopic Dermatitis in an Infant: A Case Report
Atopic dermatitis (AD) is a common dermatological disorder in children, which is chronic and of a relapsing nature. It is very common in children, with a fair chance of lifetime prevalence of the disease. The following case is of a child 5 months of age who was suffering from AD since 2 months of age. After the first prescription, complaints were much improved. Following that, the child was treated with complex homoeopathic medicines by another physician, which aggravated the condition. Following stoppage of medicines due to an aggravation, a second remedy was thereafter prescribed that provided long-term relief to the patient.
Financial Support and Sponsorship
The patient received medicines free of cost from Clinical Research Unit for Homoeopathy, Aizawl dispensary. No other costs were incurred to the patient.
15. Dezember 2020 (online)
© 2020. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
- 1 Thomsen SF. Atopic dermatitis: natural history, diagnosis, and treatment. ISRN Allergy 2014; 2014: 1-7
- 2 Maliyar K, Sibbald C, Pope E, Gary Sibbald R. Diagnosis and management of atopic dermatitis: a review. Adv Skin Wound Care 2018; 31 (12) 538-550
- 3 Hajar T, Gontijo JRV, Hanifin JM. New and developing therapies for atopic dermatitis. An Bras Dermatol 2018; 93 (01) 104-107
- 4 Kapur S, Watson W, Carr S. Atopic dermatitis. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 2018; 14 (Suppl. 02) 52
- 5 Williams HC, Burney PG, Hay RJ. et al. The U.K. Working Party's Diagnostic Criteria for Atopic Dermatitis. I. Derivation of a minimum set of discriminators for atopic dermatitis. Br J Dermatol 1994; 131 (03) 383-396
- 6 Hahnemann S. Organon of Medicine. 5th ed. Dudgeon RE, Boericke W. , eds. New Delhi: B. Jain Publishers Pvt. Ltd; 1833: 132
- 7 Kent JT. Lectures on Homoeopathic Philosophy. Memorial edition. Chicago, IL: Ehrhart & Karl; 1919: 264-276
- 8 Clarke JH. A Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica. (Company THP, ed.).; 1902:294–299
- 9 Hering C. The Guiding Symptoms of Our Materia Medica. The American Homoeopathic Publishing Society; 1879: Available online at: http://homeoint.org/hering/b/bor.htm
- 10 Kent JT. Repertory of the Homoeopathic Materia Medica. 1897: Available online at: http://homeoint.org/books/kentrep/index.htm
- 11 Eizayaga JE, Eizayaga JI. Prospective observational study of 42 patients with atopic dermatitis treated with homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy 2012; 101 (01) 21-27
- 12 Itamura R. Effect of homeopathic treatment of 60 Japanese patients with chronic skin disease. Complement Ther Med 2007; 15 (02) 115-120
- 13 Witt CM, Lüdtke R, Willich SN. Homeopathic treatment of children with atopic eczema: a prospective observational study with two years follow-up. Acta Derm Venereol 2009; 89 (02) 182-183
- 14 Keil T, Witt CM, Roll S. et al. Homoeopathic versus conventional treatment of children with eczema: a comparative cohort study. Complement Ther Med 2008; 16 (01) 15-21