Role of Lachesis and Gripp Heel in the Treatment of COVID-19
From December 2019, a new pandemic named Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-2019) has become a key topic of discussion across the world. The reason behind this discussion is the rapid increase in human death due to COVID-19 which has stunned the world. The pathogen of COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus called Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) which is similar to SARS CoV. SARS-CoV-2 infects mainly the respiratory system which causes the death because there is no effective vaccines or therapeutics against COVID-19. Homoeopathic drugs like Lachesis and Gripp Heel may play an effective role to cure corona patients.
16 September 2020 (online)
© 2020. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
- 1 Coronavirus (COVID-19). Coronavirus (COVID-19) Overview. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus . Accessed Aug 7, 2020
- 2 Blanc PD, Trupin L, Earnest G, Katz PP, Yelin EH, Eisner MD. Alternative therapies among adults with a reported diagnosis of asthma or rhinosinusitis: data from a population-based survey. Chest 2001; 120 (05) 1461-1467
- 3 Schäfer T, Riehle A, Wichmann HE, Ring J. Alternative medicine in allergies - prevalence, patterns of use, and costs. Allergy 2002; 57 (08) 694-700
- 4 Chandrashekara S, Anilkumar T, Jamuna S. Complementary and alternative drug therapy in arthritis. J Assoc Physicians India 2002; 50: 225-227 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12038653
- 5 Schäfer T. Epidemiology of complementary alternative medicine for asthma and allergy in Europe and Germany. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2004; 93 (02) (Suppl. 01) S5-S10
- 6 Bielory L, Russin J, Zuckerman GB. Clinical efficacy, mechanisms of action, and adverse effects of complementary and alternative medicine therapies for asthma. Allergy Asthma Proc 2004; 25 (05) 283-291 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15603200
- 7 Becker-Witt C, Lüdtke R, Weisshuhn TE, Willich SN. Diagnoses and treatment in homeopathic medical practice. Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd 2004; 11 (02) 98-103
- 8 Sevar R. Audit of outcome in 455 consecutive patients treated with homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy 2005; 94 (04) 215-221
- 9 Breuer GS, Orbach H, Elkayam O. , et al. Use of complementary and alternative medicine among patients attending rheumatology clinics in Israel. Isr Med Assoc J 2006; 8 (03) 184-187 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16599054
- 10 Glatthaar-Saalmüller B. In vitro evaluation of the antiviral effects of the homeopathic preparation Gripp-Heel on selected respiratory viruses. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 2007; 85 (11) 1084-1090
- 11 Beghi GM, Morselli-Labate AM. Does homeopathic medicine have a preventive effect on respiratory tract infections? A real life observational study. Multidiscip Respir Med 2016; 11: 12 DOI: 10.1186/s40248-016-0049-0.
- 12 Bondarenko L, Gorchakova N, Galkin A. Efficacy Profile of the Homeopathic Combination for Influenza and Acute Respiratory Viral Diseases Treatment and Prevention. 2018; 2 (04) 252-261 . Doi: 10.20535/ibb.2018.2.4.148441 2(4), 252–261
- 13 Boncristiani HF, Criado MF, Arruda E. Respiratory Viruses. Encyclopedia of Microbiology (Third Edition). 2009: 500-518 . Doi: 10.1016/B978-012373944-5.00314-X
- 14 Yan L, Zhang H, Goncalves J. , et al. An interpretable mortality prediction model for COVID-19 patients. Nat Mach Intell 2020; 2: 283-288
- 15 A Homeopathic Perspective on Infectious Disease: Effective Alternatives to Antibiotics – Homeopathic.com. Homeopathic.com. Available at: https://homeopathic.com/a-homeopathic-perspective-on-infectious-disease-effective-alternatives-to-antibiotics/ . Accessed Aug 7, 2020
- 16 What Homeopathy? Colds and Flu - British Homeopathic Association. British Homeopathic Association; . Available at: https://www.britishhomeopathic.org/charity/how-we-can-help/articles/conditions/c/coughs-and-sneezes-spread-diseases-3/ (PMID: . Accessed Aug 7, 2020)
- 17 Singh LM, Gupta G. Antiviral efficacy of homœopathic drugs against animal viruses. Br Homeopath J 1985; 74 (03) 168-174
- 18 Bellavite P, Marzotto M, Andreoli B. Homeopathic treatments of upper respiratory and otorhinolaryngologic infections: a review of randomized and observational studies. J Altern Complement Integr Med 2019; 5: 073
- 19 Roeska K, Seilheimer B. Antiviral activity of Engystol® and Gripp-Heel®: an in-vitro assessment. J Immune Based Ther Vaccines 2010; 8: 6 DOI: 10.1186/1476-8518-8-6.
- 20 https://www.unitedremedies.com/products/gripp-heel . Accessed Aug 7, 2020