Subscribe to RSS
HPV Vaccination as a Mode of Cervical Cancer Prevention in PakistanFunding None.
Article published online:
25 February 2023
© 2023. MedIntel Services Pvt Ltd. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
HPV Information Centre.
2021. Accessed February 15, 2023 at: https://hpvcentre.net/statistics/reports/PAK.pdf
- 2 Kaarthigeyan K. Cervical cancer in India and HPV vaccination. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol 2012; 33 (01) 7-12
- 3 Sultana R, Hafeez M, Shafiq S. Awareness about cervical cancer in Pakistani women. PAFMJ 2019; 69 (01) 21-25
- 4 Hirani S, Khan S, Akram S. et al. Knowledge, awareness, and practices of cervical cancer, its risk factors, screening, and prevention among women in Karachi, Pakistan. Eur J Cancer Prev 2021; 30 (01) 97-102
- 5 The Lancet Oncology. HPV vaccination in south Asia: new progress, old challenges. Lancet Oncol 2022; 23 (10) 1233 DOI: 10.1016/S1470-2045(22)00567-8.
- 6 Shamsi U, Anwar A, Samad Z. Time for reintroducing HPV vaccine in Pakistan for primary prevention of cervical cancer. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2022; 32 (10) 1377-1378
7 Millions of children vaccinated against typhoid in Pakistan (2021) UNICEF South Asia. https://www.unicef.org/rosa/stories/millions-children-vaccinated-against-typhoid-pakistan
Reaching every child in Pakistan: TCV rolls out to remaining provinces completing nationwide introduction, Take on Typhoid; 2022 https://www.coalitionagainsttyphoid.org/reaching-every-child-in-pakistan-tcv-rolls-out-to-remaining-provinces-completing-nationwide-introduction/#:~:text=Reaching%205.5%20million%20kids,centers%20and%20mobile%20vaccination%20sites
- 9 Dorji T, Nopsopon T, Tamang ST, Pongpirul K. Human papillomavirus vaccination uptake in low-and middle-income countries: a meta-analysis. EClinicalMedicine 2021; 34: 100836 DOI: 10.1016/j.eclinm.2021.100836.