Subscribe to RSS
© Georg Thieme Verlag Stuttgart · New York
Unrecognized Cervical Pregnancy Treated by Suction Curettage and Cervicovaginal TamponadeDie Behandlung der Zervikalschwangerschaft mit Suktionskürettage und zervikovaginaler Tamponade
17 June 2002 (online)
The authors presented a case of a 30-year tertigravidar women with unrecognized cervical pregnancy, treated by suction curettage and cervicovaginal tamponade.
In our case of unrecognized cervical pregnancy, during hysterometry and cervical dilatation occured uterine bleeding and clinical pictures of obstetrics hemorrhagic shock, so we continued with suction curettage and cervicovaginal tamponade as a urgent procedure which turned out as a final. Medicamentous chemotherapy of the cervical pregnancy (methotrexat) was not used, because after described procedure β-HCG lytic decreased and without colour-Doppler visualization of local cervical trophoblastic vascularisation.
Cervical pregnancy - Treatment
- 1 Bernstein D, Holzinger M, Ovadia J, Frishman B. Conservative treatment of cervical pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 1981; 58 741-744
- 2 Bukumira D, ëterijev K, Tomaìević Z, Lederer B, Makarović Z. Cervical pregnancy treated by conisation. Jugoslav Ginekol Opstet. 1982; 22 85-86
- 3 Faustin D, Chen P C, Pose M. Intrauterine pregnancy following conservative treatment of cervical pregnancy. J Ultrasound Med. 1987; 6 467-470
- 4 Hausch E, Chitkarg V, McAlphine J, El-Sayed Y, Dake M D, Razari M K. Pelvic arterial embolization for control of obstetric hemorrhage; a five-year experience. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180 1454-1456
- 5 Nolan T E, Chandler P E, Hess L W, Morrison J C. Cervical pregnancy managed without hysterectomy: A case report. J Reprod Med. 1989; 34 241-243
- 6 Okeahialam M G, Tuffuell D J, O’Donovan P, Sapherson D A. Cervical pregnancy managed by suction evacuation and balloon tamponade. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1998; 79 89-90
- 7 Paalman R J, McElin T W. Cervical pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1959; 77 1261-1262
- 8 Rorie D K, Newton M. Histologic and chemical studies of the smooth muscle in the human cervix and uterus. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1967; 99 466-469
- 9 Shiganava S, Nagayama M. Cervical pregnancy as a possible sequela of induced abortion. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1969; 105 282-284
- 10 Stovall T G, Long F W, Smith W C, Welkers R, Rasco R, Rasco B J, Buster J E. Successful nonsurgical treatment of cervical pregnancy with methotrexate. Fertil Steril. 1988; 50 672-674
- 11 Wollcot H D, Kaunitz A M, Nuss R C, Benrubi G E. Successful pregnancy after previous conservative treatment of an advanced cervical pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 71 1023-1025
Dubravko HabekM. D., Ph.D.
Clinical Department of Obigyn Clinical Hospital Osijek
J. Huttlera 4
Fax: 00 385/31/50 10 92