Thromb Haemost 2010; 104(05): 1080-1082
Letters to the Editor
Non-parallelism in the one-stage coagulation factor assay is a phenomenon of lupus anticoagulants and not of individual factor inhibitors
02 December 2009
02 December 2009
Accepted after major revision: 06 July 2010
24 November 2017 (online)
- 1 Key NS. Inhibitors in congenital coagulation disorders. Brit J Haematol 2004; 127: 379-391.
- 2 Franchini M, Lippi G. Acquired factor VIII inhibitors. Blood 2008; 112: 250-255.
- 3 Gawryl MS, Hoyer LW. Inactivation of factor VIII coagulant activity by two different types of human antibodies. Blood 1982; 60: 1103-1109.
- 4 Lavigne-Lissalde G, Rothschild C, Pouplard C. et al. Characteristics, mechanisms of action, and epitope mapping of anti-factor VIII antibodies. Clin Rev Allerg Immunol 2009; 37: 67-79.
- 5 Tarr T, Lakos G, Bhattoa HP. et al. Analysis of risk factors for the development of thrombotic complications in antiphospholipid antibody positive lupus patients. Lupus 2007; 16: 39-45.
- 6 Kazmi MA, Pickering W, Smith MP. et al. Acquired haemophilia A: errors in the diagnosis. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 1998; 09: 623-628.
- 7 Deitcher SR, Carman TL, Kottke-Marchant K. Simultaneous deep venous thrombosis and acquired factor VIII inhibitor. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 2002; 08: 375-379.
- 8 Mannucci PM, Tripoli A. Factor VIII Clotting Activity. Laboratory techniques in Thrombosis. In: A manual. 2nd revised edition of ECAT Assay Procedures 1999. pp. 107-113.
- 9 Williams KN, Davidson JM, Ingram GI. A computer program for the analysis of parallel-line bioassays of clotting factors. Br J Haematol 1975; 31: 13-23.
- 10 Kirkwood TB, Snape TJ. Biometric principles in clotting and clot lysis assays. Clin Lab Haematol 1980; 02: 155-167.
- 11 Jacquemin MG, Desqueper BG, Benhida A. et al. Mechanism and kinetics of factor VIII inactivation: study with an IgG4 monoclonal antibody derived from a hemophilia A patient with inhibitor. Blood 1998; 92: 496-506.
- 12 Egler C, Albert T, Brokemper O. et al. Kinetic parameters of monoclonal antibodies ESH2, ESH4, ESH5, and ESH8 on coagulation factor VIII and their influence on factor VIII activity. J Mol Recognit 2009; 22: 301-306.
- 13 Pengo V, Tripodi A, Reber G. et al. Update of the guidelines for lupus anticoagulant detection. J Thromb Haemost 2009; 07: 1737-1740.
- 14 Verbruggen B, Meijer P, Novákova I. et al. Diagnosis of factor VIII deficiency. Haemophilia 2008; 14 (Suppl. 03) 76-82.
- 15 Verbruggen B, Novákova I, Wessels H. et al. The Nijmegen modification of the Bethesda assay for factor VIII:C inhibitors: improved specificity and reliability. Thromb Haemost 1995; 73: 247-251.