Nuances of the Composite Face-lift Technique
16 November 2009 (online)
The composite face-lift is a well-described, comprehensive facial rejuvenation technique that results in harmonious repositioning of all components of the aging face. It is distinguished by the superior-medial movement of the cheek and the septal reset maneuver. The composite rhytidectomy reverses the unbalanced vectors of the traditional face-lift in patients with the lateral sweep and may reestablish the youthful convexity in patients with hollow eyes.
Composite rhytidectomy - balanced vector - superior-medial - hollow eyes - lateral sweep - septal reset
- 1 Hamra S T. Composite rhytidectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1992; 90 1-13
- 2 Hamra S T. Frequent face lift sequelae: hollow eyes and the lateral sweep: cause and repair. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1998; 102 1658-1666
- 3 Choucair R J, Hamra S T. Extended superficial musculaponeurotic system dissection and composite rhytidectomy. Clin Plast Surg. 2008; 35 607-622, vii
- 4 Hamra S T. A study of the long-term effect of malar fat repositioning in face lift surgery: short-term success but long-term failure. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002; 110 940-951 discussion 952-959
- 5 Hamra S T. The tri-plane face lift dissection. Ann Plast Surg. 1984; 12 268-274
- 6 Hamra S T. The deep-plane rhytidectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1990; 86 53-61 discussion 62-63
- 7 Hamra S T. Arcus marginalis release and orbital fat preservation in midface rejuvenation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1995; 96 354-362
- 8 Hamra S T. The zygorbicular dissection in composite rhytidectomy: an ideal midface plane. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1998; 102 1646-1657
- 9 Lemmon M L, Hamra S T. Skoog rhytidectomy: a five-year experience with 577 patients. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1980; 65 283-297
- 10 Hamra S T. Composite rhytidectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1992; 90 1-13
- 11 Hamra S T. The role of the septal reset in creating a youthful eyelid-cheek complex in facial rejuvenation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004; 113 2124-2141 discussion 2142-2144
- 12 Hamra S T. Lengthening the foreshortened nose. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001; 108 547-549
- 13 Hamra S T. Repositioning the orbicularis oculi muscle in the composite rhytidectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1992; 90 14-22
- 14 Hamra S T, Choucair R J.
Orbital aging and harmony in orbital rejuvenation. In: deCastro CC, Boehm K, Codner MA Techniques in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Series: Midface Surgery. Oxford, UK; Elsevier 2008
Ramsey J Choucair, M.D.
9301 N. Central Expressway
Suite #551, Dallas, TX 75231