Band-Suppressed Restoration of X-Ray Images Blurred by Body Movement
07 February 2018 (online)
The restoration of X-ray images that have been blurred due to body movement are discussed. The observation system for these images is described using a mathematical model, and several restoration filters composed of a series of such models are proposed. These filters restore band-suppressed approximations of the original images. In addition, redundancy is introduced into these restoration filters in order to suppress additive noise. These filters are expanded to be applicable not only to parallel translations, but also to rotations by coordinate transformation. The proposed methods are applied to blurred X-ray images of a bone model of the elbow joint. The parameters of the restoration filter are estimated using a marker attached to the subject as a reference signal.
- 1 Hori J, Saitoh Y, Kiryu T, Iijima T. Automatic correction of left-ventricular pressure waveform using the natural observation method. Trans Inst Elec Inform & Com Eng Jap Info & Syst 1992; E75-D: 909-15.
- 2 Hori J, Saitoh Y, Kiryu T, Asakawa T, Tamura K, Iijima T. Improvement of frequency responses in an ambulatory ECG system by natural observation method. Frontiers Med & Biol Eng 1990; 2: 137-45.
- 3 Hori J, Saitoh Y, Kiryu T. Improvement of the time-domain response of a thermodilution sensor by the natural Observation System. Trans Inst Elec Inform & Com Eng Jap Fundamentals 1994; E77-A: 784-91.
- 4 Hori J, Saitoh Y, Kiryu T. Real-time restoration of signals by the natural observation system. Proc 16th Int Conf IEEE EMBS 1994: 1326-7.
- 5 Hori J, Saitoh Y, Kiryu T. Real-time restoration of nonstationary biomedical signals. Proc. 2nd IMIA-IFMBE Int Workshop Bio-signal Interpretation 1996: 119-20.
- 6 Hori J, Ogawa H. Real-time restoration of nonstationary signals. Trans Inst Elec Inform & Com Eng Jap 1996; J79-D-II: 430-8.
- 7 Hori J, Saitoh Y, Kiryu T. Real-time restoration of biomedical signals under additive noise. Proc 19th Int Conf IEEE EMBS 1997: 1406-8.
- 8 Hori J, Saitoh Y, Kiryu T. Band-suppressed restoration of blurred X-ray images. Proc 20th Int Conf IEEE EMBS 1998: 715-8.