Subscribe to RSS
Eurosentinel: Development of an International Sentinel Network of General Practitioners
08 February 2018 (online)
The Eurosentinel project was a European concerted action. It started in June 1988 and ended in June 1991. Its purpose was to coordinate activities in the field of sentinel practices with GPs and the ultimate goal was to establish a real European network of sentinel practices. This paper deals with the purposes of the project, the studies carried out in the frame of the project, and an evaluation of three years Eurosentinel.
- 1 Eylenbosch WJ, Noah ND. eds. Surveillance in Health and Disease. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 1988
- 2 WHO Wkly Epidem Rec. 1990; 16: 122.
- 3 Van Casteren V. Inventory of sentinel health information systems with GPs in the European Community. Situation up to March 1990. Brussels, IHE report, 1991.
- 4 Eurosentinel - Newsletter No 1. Brussels, IHE, December 1988
- 5 WHO Wkly Epidem Rec. 1990; 41: 313-4.
- 6 Van Casteren V, Leurquin P, Declercq E. et al. Study of the use of some selected groups of laboratory tests in general practice. Brussels, IHE report, 1991
- 7 Eurosentinel-Newsletter No 9. Brussels, IHE July 1991
- 8 Van Casteren V, Leurquin P. Eurosentinel. Final Report. Brussels, IHE report, D/1991/ 2505/15.
- 9 WHO Wkly Epidem Rec. 1991; 41: 297-304.
- 10 Van Casteren V, Bartelds A, Gurtner F, Massari V, Maurice-Tison S, Vega A. Prescription of HIV-tests in sentinel general practices in several European countries. Poster-presentation at the VII International Conference on AIDS, Florence. 1991
- 11 Eurosentinel-Newsletter No 7. Brussels, IHE, September 1990
- 12 Eurosentinel-Newsletter No 8. Brussels, IHE, January 1991
- 13 Eurosentinel-Newsletter No 6. Brussels, IHE, May 1990