Subscribe to RSS
Double breasting repair of urethral fistula in a patient with perineal abscess secondary to a large urethral stone
15 January 2020 (online)
We report here a case of urethral fistula managed successfully following incision and drainage for the urethral abscess secondary to a large urethral stone leading to a large diverticulum (another rare condition) by using the technique of double breasting, where we used the redundant urethra and overlying skin
- 1 Pachman A, Zajkowski P, Kozlowski B, Suchocki M, Purwin M. Giant diverticulum of the urethra [Article in Polish]. Wiad Lek 1989;42:604-7.
- 2 Hegele A, Olbert P, Wille S, Heidenreich A, Hofmann R. Giant calculus of the posterior urethra following recurrent penile urethral stricture. Urol Int 2002;69:160-1.
- 3 Bakan V, Yildiz A. Dorsal double-layer dartos flap for preventing fistulae formation in the Snodgrass technique. Urol Int 2007;78:241-4.
- 4 Xue WY, Qu CB, Wang XL, Zhang FX, Kang CS. The application of tunicsa vaginalis flap in urethral repair [Article in Chinese]. Zhonghua Zheng Xing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2007;23:45-7.
- 5 Miller J, Hauck EW, Rohde V, Weidner W. Giant urethral diverticulum: Unusual complication following ventral buccal mucosa onlay graft urethroplasty. Urol Int 2006;77:368-70.
- 6 Berglund RK, Angermeier KW. Combined buccal mucosa graft and genital skin flap for reconstruction of extensive anterior urethral strictures. Urology 2006;68:707-10.